Dont’s of Martial Law
- The police and military personnel cannot effect warrantless arrests outside the circumstances provided under section 5, rule 113 of the Rules of Court.
- No arrested/detained person should be charged beyond the period of 3 days. After the lapse of 3-day period the detained/arrested person shall be released.
- Civilians cannot be tried in military tribunals. The declaration of Martial law does not suspend the functioning of the civil courts and the legislative assemblies.
- No violations of constitutional rights of a person. The constitutional guarantees under the bill of rights remain to be operative and continue to accord the people of its mandate of protection.
- No violations of the basic rights of the people/citizens.
- The declaration does not impair the right to bail.
- Implementation cannot be extended for more than 60 days unless extended by Congress upon the initiative of the president.
Do’s of Martial Law
- All PNP personnel shall at all time respect the human rights and dignity of the suspect.
- Shall strictly observe the Police Operational Procedure.
- Shall stringently follow the provisions of Republic Act no. 7438.
- Shall strictly obey the provisions of Republic Act