Tuesday, 23 October 2018
Headlines Military News Photos

WINNING THE WAR  |  AFP NOLCOM, EASTMINCOM score anew against communist terrorists

CAMP GEN EMILIO AGUINALDO, Quezon City (DWDD) – The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Northern Luzon Command (NOLCOM) and Eastern Mindanao Command (EMC) score anew against communist terrorists in recent encounters and surrenders.

“I commend our troops in the Eastern Mindanao Command and local government units for being able to handle an overwhelming number of surrenderees, they still continue to come down and go back to the folds of the law,” AFP Chief of Staff General Carlito Galvez Jr. said.

In EMC alone, a total of 8,665 surrenderees from 01 January to 10 October 2018 has been recorded and are currently undergoing process for their eligibility to avail of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) benefits from the government.

Last 09 October, both troops in Impasug-ong, and Pangatucan, Bukidnon encountered with different communist terrorist groups (CTG). Troops of 8th Infantry Battalion (IB) encountered more or less five CTG members in Impasug-ong. Meanwhile, two Special Forces team in Pangatucan encountered 10 CTG members resulting to one enemy killed and two troopers wounded-in-action.

On 08 October, troops of the 36IB were able to seize one sack of books and news magazines containing Communist propaganda and reading materials that they distribute to schools in Carmen, Surigao del Sur.

Also recently, 10 members of Milisyang Bayan voluntarily surrendered to the 75IB in Rosario, Agusan del Sur bringing along seven firearms.

In 2018 so far, the EMC has seized 821 firearms from surrenderees and encounters, and a total of 324 improvised explosive devices. There are also 131 CTG encampments that were seized and cleared from war materiel and explosives.

“The Northern Luzon Command also showed significant accomplishments against communist terrorists amidst the humanitarian assistance and disaster response efforts in the recent calamities that hit Northern Luzon,”
General Galvez said.

In 05 October, a certain alias Kalaya, 46 years old, voluntarily surrendered with his M16 rifle to 77IB.

This follows the surrender of his colleague, an alias Efren who surrendered to the 54IB last 04 October, bringing along his firearm and explosive devices.

On 03 October, two platoons of 86IB discovered an abandoned enemy encampment in Jones, Isabela that can accommodate more than 50 persons. The troops seized an M16 rifle from the site.

From 01 January to 10 October 2018, there were a total of 180 surrenderees, 19 CTG members apprehended, 109 firearms and 44 explosives seized, and a total of 29 enemy encampments seized in Northern Luzon.

“These recent developments show that your Armed Forces is deliberate in our operations against insurgents and terrorists in all parts of the country. I continuously remind our troops in the five area commands to intensify operations against terrorists,” General Galvez said.

“We also urge members of these terrorist groups to go back to the folds of the law instead of dying in senseless battles. The government is very eager to help returnees in all the ways that it can to sustain their families and help them go back to the normal way of living, away from armed struggle,” General Galvez added. PAO AFP / MCAG

Post Comment