BATASAN COMPLEX, Quezon City (DWDD)
- The photo contest is open to all DSWD Field Offices (FOs). Entries must be coursed thru Capability Building Section/Unit. Only ONE ENTRY per Field Office will be accepted.
- FO Capability Building Section/Unit may gather entries from other sections/units in their region and select for the best entry.
- Entries must illustrate, interpret and emphasize the theme of the Learning and Development Conference: “Trends that Shape the Future of Learning,” which highlights the significant contributions of the Field Offices in innovating learning mechanisms, methods and platforms and in creating a culture of learning in the Department.
- Photos must be in their original form, not super-imposed or retouched or edited in any photo editing software. Minor cropping and brightness/contrast adjustments are allowed.
- The size of the photo should be: 18×14 inches.
- All photos must have captions that concisely describes/explains the photo. Captions must not exceed two sentences and must be sent as a separate file (must not be incorporated in the photo). Photos that do not have captions will not be accepted.
- File name must be: L&D_LEAD_(Name of FO). Photo must be saved in the following formats: .jpeg, and .png
- Send your entries to email@example.com, copy furnished Ms. Claire Arboleda at firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 25 September 2018 (Tuesday) until 5:00 in the afternoon. Entries sent after the specified time will no longer be accepted.
- SWIDB will post all the entries at Facebook Page SWIDB L&D Conference 2018 on 27 September 2018, 3:00 PM (Thursday). The top three entries with the most number of reactions will get 20%, 18% and 16%, respectively, while other entries will be given 12% under criteria number four. The cut-off for the counting of reactions will be on 5 October 2018, 3:00 PM (Friday).
- All entries will be displayed at the Gallery area during the Conference starting 10 October 2018.
- One winning Field Office will be chosen and announced during the conference. The judges’ decision is final.
- The winner will receive P250,000 budget allocation for training and a Plaque of Recognition. The criteria for judging are as follows:
- Content (Relevance to Theme) – 40% – Does the photo contain visual elements that best typifies or illustrates the theme “Trends that Shape the Future of Learning.”
- Composition/Arrangement (Artistic Skills & Creativity)- 20% – Is/Are the object/s of photo neatly arranged and pleasant to the eyes? Is the angle or perspective used by the photographer interesting?
- Technical Elements- 20% – Is the object of the photo in focus? If not in sharp focus, does it appear to be an intentional effect to enhance the image in some artistic way? Did the photographer use proper lighting of the subject? Do any extremes of darkness or brightness lend to or detract from the image content?
- Impact and Viewers Interest- 20% – The most number of both Likes and Shares on L&D Conference
DSWD SMS / MCAG