KING DAVID HOTEL, Jerusalem (DWDD) – President Rodrigo Roa Duterte met with the business delegation from the Republic of the Philippines and State of Israel during the exchange of 22 business agreements at the Ambassador’s Hall of King David Hotel in Jerusalem.
In his speech, President Duterte expressed his firm will to curb corruption in the public office even if it takes termination of government officials from their posts.
“And I have been telling people, whenever I… In the Philippines, we can never have a country that is progressive and developed until we have fulfilled two conditions. You have to stop graft and corruption. There is corruption everywhere, there’s graft everywhere. We will never rise. Second is we have to have law and order. That has been the anchor of how I built my city now,” he said.
After his speech, the President posed with the business leaders for a photo opportunity.
During the event, three (3) memoranda of agreement (MOA), 11 memoranda of understanding (MOU), and eight (8) letters of intent (LOI) were signed by the business representatives from both countries.
- Memoranda of Agreement (MOA)
- MOA between Century Properties, Inc. and Globe Invest Ltd. to enter into a Joint Venture Agreement for (1) advanced energy optimization management; (2) advanced agriculture and urban farming; (3) prefabricated housing; (4) water desalination; and (5) other master placed real state development projects
- MOA between Stone of David Corporation and Gaia Automotive Industries Ltd. to cooperate on the marketing and promotion of tactical vehicles, including technology transfer
- MOA between Stone of David Corporation and MCTECH RF Technologies Ltd. to cooperate on the development in military and intelligence products and hardware
- Memoranda of Understanding (MOU)
- MOU between Century Pacific Food, Inc. and Kvuzat Yavne to distribute canned tuna products for the Century brand within Israel and the Palestinian Authority
- MOU between Integrated Systems, Inc. and Verint Systems Ltd. to explore mutually beneficial opportunities for collaboration on security, intelligence data mining, and information technology
6. MOU among Go Negosyo, Israel-Philippines Chamber of Commerce, and Israel Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines to jointly develop and undertake programs, projects, and advocacy initiatives related to the Kapatid Mentor ME Program
- MOU between the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and Federation of Israeli Chambers of Commerce to exchange information on commerce, industry market updates, and identification of business and trade opportunities
- MOU between PCCI and Jerusalem Chamber of Commerce to promote, strengthen and expand trade, economic, scientific, and technological cooperation and other business relations between member-organizations of the two parties, including the exchange of information on commerce, manufacturing, pharmaceutical/health wellness, real estate/construction, information and communications technology (ICT), and renewable energy
- MOU between Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) and Eilat Port Company Ltd. to promote the all-water route between the Port of Subic Bay and the Eilat Port, particularly exploring the possibilities for developing links between Subic Bay Freeport and the Eilat Port to support trade and investment
- MOU between AMA Computer College and HackerU to cooperate on developing cyber security-related certification courses in the Philippines
- MOU between Le Soleil Shipping Agencies, Inc. and Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. to provide additional ships of vessels to service the country’s local and international shipping requirements
- MOU between Armscor Global Defense, Inc. and EMTAN Karmiel Ltd. to transfer know-how and technology of EMTAN to Armscor to enable the latter to create a local manufacturing facility for the manufacture of weapons in the Philippines, under license from EMTAN. This project has an estimated cost of US$10 million and projected to create 200 jobs.
- MOU between KEREM IT Solutions and Carbyne Ltd. to allow the local partner to promote and sell the other party’s products
- MOU between KEREM IT Solutions and SuperCom to allow the local partner to promote and sell the other party’s products
- Letters of Intent (LOI)
- LOI between the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and Amdocs Philippines, Ltd. to expand operations in software development and support service in the Philippines as its hub in the Asia Pacific Region
16. LOI between DTI and TrueLogic Online Solutions, Inc. to expand operations in software, systems development, and support services. This project has an estimated cost of US$500,000 and 100 projected jobs by 2019
- LOI between the Rayo Illuminar Corporation and Silver Shadow to explore opportunities in the manufacturing and refurbishment of small arms and ammunitions
- LOI among DTI, I GilanGroup, and MIMA TECH to expand operations in the field of agriculture, and waste water and sewerage treatment projects. It has an estimated project cost of US$20 million and 300 projected jobs by 2019
- LOI among DTI, ABS Gen Herbs International Corporation, and Raphael Ben-Hur Consulting and Management Ltd. to signify interest to be the distributor of ABS Herbal Food Supplements in Israel
- LOI between DTI and FlyEast Philippines to expand current Philippine operations on tourism development
- LOI between Cagayan Special Economic Zone (CEZA) and FoodLab Capital to expand operations by building the FoodTech Acceleration Center within the Cagayan Special Economic Zone and Freeport (CSEZFP) to service the food industry locators of the CEZA
- LOI among CEZA, Assuta Medical Center and I-DEA Ventures Group to expand operations in the Philippines by building a state-of-the-art Medical Center within the CSEZFP to service the medical needs of the locators of CEZA.
RTVM / MCAG