“In view of the Lamitan bombing incident, Philippine National Police (PNP) units initiated the following security measures.
- PNP established and Strengthened checkpoints in key cities and municipalities;
- Deployed maximum number of foot and mobile patrols particularly in highly populated areas.
- Coordinated with private security providers and security managers to establish and enhance joint security protocols.
- Warned checkpoint personnel of lone occupant (driver only) and foreign nationals in vehicles.
- Have intensified intelligence monitoring and sharing of information with other units.”
– Philippine National Police – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (PNP-ARMM) Senior Inspector. Jemar Delos Santos.