RIZAL PARK, Manila (DWDD) – In celebration of the nation’s 120th Araw ng Kalayaan with the theme: “Kalayaan 2018: Pagbabagong Ipinaglaban, Alay sa Masaganang Kinabukasan”, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) and your Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) through the Media and Civil Affairs Group, Civil Relations Service, AFP held the MUSIKALAYAAN 2018 at the Rizal Park Open Air Auditorium in Manila.
Despite the heavy downpour brought about by the SouthWest Monsoon, Filipinos crowded the auditorium to witness the talent of various bands from the4 different uniformed services.
Marine Col Edgard Arevalo, AFP Spokesman, delivered the Independence Message by the AFP to the adoring audience.
The participating bands were:
- Civil; Relations Service, AFP (CRSAFP) Band;
- Philippine Marine Corps Combo;
- Philippine Army Security and Escort Battalion Combo;
- Philippine Air Force Headquarters Service Support Group Band;
- Philippine Navy Jazz Ensemble;
- Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)Band;
- Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Band;
- Manila Police District (MPD) Band;
- Valenzuela Police Station (VCPS) Band;
- Julien Joshua Dolor, Graceal and Mareal Tumanda; and the,
- Police Community Relation Group (PNP-PCRG) with the PRO6
Ms Deniece Cornejo, Kapuso Artist Brent Valdez and Kapamliya Stars Vin Abrenica, Elmo Magalona, Gerald Andersen and Yvez Flores also joined the event.
There’s a Free MRT / LRT rides, Military and Civic Static Display, Mga Pampamahalaang Programa at Serbisyo, Kalayaan Book Sale and Diskwento Caravan at the Burnham Green, Rizal Park, Manila.
Also, a Kalayaan Job Fair, Free Medical / Dental / Optical Services are also offered while a Band and Drill Exhibition will be bheld at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila before the Kalayaan Parade (Mlitary Civic parade).
In the evening, an Evening Concert will be held by the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra afterwhich it will be capped by a Fireworks Display in the evening. AES / MCAG