MALACANAN, Manila (DWDD) – Following the ceremonial launching in Malacañan led by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, and Chinese Premier H.E. Li Keqiang, Department of Public Works Secretary Mark Villar and Ministry of Commerce, Deputy Director General Mr. Zeng Hua signed the implementation agreement of the Binondo-Intramuros and Estrella-Pantaleon Bridges Project.
“We thank the Chinese Government for its commitment on President Duterte’s Build Build Build program. The construction of Binondo-Intramuros and Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge is set to begin next year and will be completed in 2021,” Villar said.
“The two bridges will be part of the Metro Manila Logistics Improvement Project, which is expected to cater to about 1.3 Million vehicles daily,” he added.
Both projects were approved by NEDA Board last September 12, 2017.
“The Binondo-Intramuros Bridge is a P4.607 billion-steel bow-string arch bridge with intersecting reclining arches connecting Intramuros (at Solana Street and Riverside Drive) and Binondo (at San Fernando Street),” Villar noted.
The project will span 807 meters and will construct a viaduct over the creek adjacent to Muelle del Binondo.
“The Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge is a P1.367 billion 4-lane bridge which would replace the old 2-lane bridge in the area. The project will increase the road network capacity connecting Rockwell Center, Makati, and Barangka Drive, Mandaluyong and will reduce traffic that occurs at the 6-lane approach road at Estrella St., Makati City and the intersection at the Barangka side, Mandaluyong City,” he added.
- Zeng Huacheng, Deputy Director General, Agency for International Cooperation, MOFCOM
- Fan Jinke, Deputy Director, Agency for International Cooperation, MOFCOM
- Feng Shengliang, The Representative of the Chinese Project Management Company Composed of China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co., Ltd. and CREEC (Chengdu) Consulting and Supervision Co., Ltd.
- Gu Binbin, The Representative of the Chinese Project Management Company Composed of China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co., Ltd. and CREEC (Chengdu) Consulting and Supervision Co., Ltd.
- Lu Shan, Chairman, China Road and Bridge
- Liu Hong, Deputy General Manager, China Road and Bridge Corporation
- Ren Xiaopeng, Manila Branch Manager, China Road and Bridge Corporation
- Ge Songhua, Deputy Manager of Market Department, China Road and Bridge Corporation
- Secretary Mark Villar, Department of Public Works and Highways
- Undersecretary for Legal and Priority Projects Karen Jimeno
- Undersecretary for Unified Project Management office (UPMO) Emil Sadain
- Road Management Cluster 1 Director Virgilio C. Castillo
- Build Build Build Committee Chairperson Anna Mae Yu Lamentillo