CAMP RAFAEL CRAME, Quezon City (DWDD) – The Philippine National Police has assured the public that it is working today to assist the protesters and help ensure a safe and orderly conduct of the all the rallies/mass actions.
In line with this, the CPNP Police Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa ordered the following:
* PNP is on FULL ALERT status effective 5PM of September 20, 2017.
* C, PNP directed all deployed personnel to apply Maximum Tolerance.
* Full support from National Headquarters
* Camp Crame based personnel will compose the Ready Reserve Unit that will augment NCRPO
* NCRPO activated TF Manila Shield to ensure safe and orderly conduct of mass action and protest rallies in National Capital Region
* Rallyists are expected to converge at Quirino grandstand, People Power Monument, QC Circle, Mendiola, Plaza Miranda
* US embassy and other diplomatic missions are “No Rally Zones” and are non-negotiable.
* All other Police Regional Offices (PROs) are directed to implement their respective security and traffic plans.
PNP reiterates its appeal to the organizers and participants to various protest actions to:
* police their own ranks to avoid infiltration of saboteurs
* do not bring firearms in the rally
* do not occupy roads/street so as not to inconvenience the public
* do not commit crime or violate any laws.
The PNP asks the public to be vigilant and report any suspicious persons and/or activities that may disrupt the peaceful conduct of protests nationwide thru PNPTXT 2920, Emergency hotline 911, Itaga Mo Sa Bato text hotline 2286 and I-Report Mo Kay Tsip 09188475757. PNP/MCAG