TROPICAL DEPRESSION #MaringPH
PAGASA SCIENCE GARDEN, Quezon CIty (DWDD) –Tropical Depression “Maring” has accelerated and is about to make a landfall in the vicinity of Mauban, Quezon.
- Moderate to heavy rains will be experienced over Bicol Region, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Pangasinan due to TD “MARING.” Residents of these areas are alerted against possible landslide and flashfloods.
- Sea travel is risky over the eastern seaboards of Aurora, Quezon, and Bicol region.
•Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal over Catanduanes is now lifted.
Location of eye/center: At 7:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARING” was estimated based on all available data at 35 km South Southeast of Infanta, Quezon(14.5°N, 121.8°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 60 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 80 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 15 kph.
•24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 120 km West Northwest of Iba, Zambales(15.8°N, 119.0°E)
•48 Hour(Thursday morning):415 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(17.4°N, 116.5°E)
•72 Hour(Friday morning): 670 km West Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(19.5°N, 114.4°E)
•96 Hour(Saturday morning):870 km West Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(21.1°N, 113.0°E)
•120 Hour(Sunday morning):1,095 km Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(23.2°N, 111.8°E)
TCWS# 1(30-60 kph Expected in 36 hours)
Luzon:Metro Manila, Cavite, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Northern Quezon incl. Polillo Island, Rizal, Bulacan, Pampanga, Quirino, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Benguet, La Union, Tarlac, Zambales, Bataan, Pangasinan, Laguna, Quirino, and Aurora.
Impacts of the wind
• Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
• Light damage to medium to high risk structures
• Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
• Twigs of small trees may be broken.
• Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters.
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today