President Rodrigo Roa Duterte will lead the celebration of the 116th Police Service Anniversary on August 9, Wednesday in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
The PNP celebrates Police Service Anniversary every 8th of August to commemorate the founding anniversaries of its forerunner organizations–the Philippine Constabulary, established in August 8, 1901 and the Integrated National Police activated on August 8, 1975.
A full-dress parade and review ceremony at the PNP Grandstand will highlight the 116thPolice Service Anniversary rites where President Duterte is expected to issue his policy directives and marching orders to the 190,000-strong PNP.
This year’s theme for the celebration is “Buhay ng Pulis Handang Ibuwis Para sa Katahimikan at Kaayusan ng Bayan”.
As a highlight of the ceremony, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Officer-In-Charge Catalino S. Cuy and PNP Chief, Police Director General Ronald M Dela Rosa, will assist the Chief Executive in the presentation of awards to PNP units and personnel for outstanding achievements in the police service.
Other unit awards are:
· Best Police Regional Office – POLICE REGIONAL OFFICE 1 headed by Regional Director, PCSupt Charlo C Collado
· Best Police Provincial Office – SORSOGON POLICE PROVINCIAL OFFICE, PRO 5 headed by Provincial Director, PSSupt Ronald R Cabral
· Best City Police Office – ILIGAN CITY POLICE OFFICE, PRO 10 headed by City Director, PSSupt Leony Roy G Ga
· Best City Police Station – VIGAN CITY POLICE STATION, PRO 1 headed by Chief of Police, PSupt Marlo Castillo Jr
· Best Municipal Police Station – SAN JOSE DE BUENAVISTA MUNICIPAL POLICE STATION, Antique Police Provincial Office, PRO 6 headed by Chief of Police, PCInsp Juvy E Cordero
· Best Regional Public Safety Battalion – REGIONAL PUBLIC SAFETY BATTALION 12, PRO 12 headed by Battalion Commander, PSupt Michael F Lebanan
· Best Provincial Public Safety Company – BUKIDNON PROVINCIAL PUBLIC SAFETY COMPANY, PRO 10 headed by Company Commander, PSupt Gervacio O Balmaceda Jr
· Best City Public Safety Company – DAVAO CITY PUBLIC SAFETY COMPANY, PRO 11 headed by Company Commander, PSupt Ireneo G Caburnay
· Best National Operational Support Unit – MARITIME GROUP headed by Director, PCSupt Marcelo C Morales
· Best National Administrative Support Unit – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT SERVICE headed by Director, PCSupt Edwin Jose G Nemenzo
· Best Women and Children Protection Desk – REGIONAL WOMEN AND CHILDREN PROTECTION DESK, PRO 7 headed by PCInsp Marilou A Cuizon
· Best Regional Police Human Rights Desk – REGIONAL POLICE HUMAN RIGHTS DESK, PRO 7 headed by PSupt Maribel B Getigan
· Best Police Strategy Management Unit – REGIONAL POLICE STRATEGY MANAGEMENT UNIT, PRO 13 headed by Chief, PSSupt Gimili L Macaraeg
Special Unit Awards will be presented to the PNP COUNTER-INTELLIGENCE TASK FORCE under PSSupt Jose Chiquito M Malayo, for outstanding performance in counter-intelligence operations. While for Accounting of Illegal Drug Personalities, three (3) Regional Directors will receive awards namely PDir Oscar D Albayalde (National Capital Region Police Office), PCSupt Aaron N Aquino (PRO 3), and PCSupt MaO R Aplasca (PRO 4A).
Also, President Duterte will lead of giving awards to this year’s individual awardees:
· PSSUPT JONNEL C. ESTOMO (Chief, Management Division, Directorate for Controllership) – Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration
· PSSUPT RENE P. PAMUSPUSAN (Executive Officer, Directorate for Operations) – Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Operation
· PCINSP FORD B. SUDAYPAN (Chief, Strategy Review Scorecard, SAF) – Best Junior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration
· PCINSP RITCHIE J. YANDUG (Officer-in-Charge, Manolo Fortich MPS, PRO 10) – Best Junior Police Commissioned Officer for Operation
· SPO4 FRANCISCO L. ALFECHE (Municipal Executive Senior Police Officer, Malapatan MPS, PRO 12) – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration
· SPO2 HAROLD V. NICOLAS (Intelligence PNCO, PRO 1) – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operation
· PO1 JUAN CARLOS C. VENTURA (Regional Public Information Office, PRO 1) – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration
· PO2 JHAN LAY P. APOSTOL (Investigator PNCO, PRO 1) – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operation
· NUP GRACE W. ABALDE (Admin Officer V, PRO 10) – Best Non-Uniformed Personnel for Supervisory level
· NUP SHEENA LYN B. MONTIERO (Communication Development Officer 1, Police Community Relations Group) – Best Non-Uniformed Personnel for Non-Supervisory level
· PCINSP. JOVIE E. ESPENIDO (OIC, Ozamis City Police Station, PRO 10) – Individual Award for Anti- Illegal Drugs Operation
· PSSUPT ROLANDO B. ANDUYAN (Deputy Regional Director for Operations, PRO ARMM) – Individual Award for Crisis Management in Marawi City
The Chief Executive will also present Special Individual Awards to PNP personnel cited for their roles in law enforcement operations in Marawi City. They are:
· PSUPT REX ARVIN T. MALIMBAN – Deputy Chief, Logistics Management Division, PNP-SAF
· PSUPT LAMBERT A. SUERTE – Commanding Officer, Rapid Deployment Battalion (RDB), PNP-SAF
· SPO1 ERWIN V. GARALDE – Company Executive Senior Police Officer, 84th Special Action Company, RDB, PNP-SAF
· SPO1 JETHRO L. AMENGAN – Senior Counter Terrorist Operative (CTO) and Extended Range Support Team (ERST), 83rd Special Action Company, RDB, PNP-SAF